- Years in Practice: 15+ Years
- School: Emory University
- Year Graduated: 1994
- License No. and State: 5464 Texas
- Board Certification: psychiatry and neurology
- Licensed Specialist in School Psychology Lic#: 6670
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD)
- Association for the Advancement of Applied Sports Psychology (AAASP)
- Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB)
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association, Southwest Region (ADDA-SR)
- Houston Group Psychotherapy Society (HGPS)
I specialize in Marital and Premarital issues, Childhood and Adolescent issues, and Divorce. While maintaining a positive tone and outlook, I believe therapy is less about helping you feel good and more about helping you be good so you feel good. Sessions focus on understanding and altering less helpful, protective patterns of interaction and behavior and actively developing patterns that create excitement and greater intrinsic personal satisfaction.
- Coping Skills
- Emotional Disturbance
- Life Coaching
- Mental Health: Mood Disorders, Personality Disorders
- Narcissistic Personality
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
- Sexuality: Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian
- Sports Performance
- Testing and Evaluation
- Young Adults
- Children (06 to 10)
- Preteens / Tweens (11 to 13)
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
Avg. Cost (per session):
$80 - $200
Accepted Payment Methods:
Cash, Check, MasterCard, Visa.
No. Call for details.
Health of Self Approach:
Dr. Goonan begins with the premise that each individual is generally healthy and has obstacles to success rather than a disorder that blocks success. While there are symptom checklists that place labels on individuals, each client is best understood and helped by understanding their unique strengths and passions, and the manner in which their individual obstacles are getting in the way of moving forward. Interventions focus on uncovering, highlighting, and developing strengths, while understanding, decreasing, or eliminating the obstacles that are currently preventing that individual from reaching their goals.
Dr. Goonan develops therapeutic interventions that are consistent with the age of the individual and that individual's presenting concerns. In the case of a child, the concerns of the individual's family or school are factored in when designing interventions.
- Emotionally Focused
- Family / Marital
- Gottman Method
- Mindfulness-based (MBCT)
- Psychological Testing and Evaluation
6750 West Loop South, Suite 1000, Bellaire, TX 77401