Edward Elder, MDiv, LMHC, LMFT
- Years in Practice: 15+ Years
- School: Union Theological Seminary
- Year Graduated: 1990
- LMHC License No. and State: 001469 New York
- LMFT License No. and State: 000640 New York
- Certificate: Blanton-Peale Institute / Individual Psychotherapy (2001)
- Certificate: Blanton-Peale Institute / Group Psychotherapy (2001)
- Certificate: Blanton-Peale Institute / Marriage and Family Therapy (2001)
- Certificate: Post-Graduate Center for Mental Health / Analytic Group Psychotherapy (2007)
- Alternative Languages: German and Portuguese
I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in New York State. I have an M.Div. degree from Union Theological Seminary in ethics and counseling. I am a Clinical Member of AAMFT, a fellow with AAPC, and have certificates in Pastoral Psychotherapy, Marriage and Family Therapy and Group Psychotherapy.
I specialize in the following areas:
- Couples Counseling
- Domestic Abuse / Violence
- Gay and Lesbian Counseling
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Personality Disorders
- Pornography and Sexual Addictions
- Substance Abuse
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Elders (65+)
- Bisexual Clients
- Gay Clients
- Heterosexual Clients
- Lesbian Clients
- Transgender Clients
In my practice I recognize the centrality of God in our lives and from that centered place work to help people through emotional and spiritual difficulties in their lives. Our relationships with each other and with God are what are ultimately healing. I use a psychodynamic approach which integrates spirituality and psychotherapy, helping people struggling with depression, loneliness, sexual abuse, drug addiction. I help couples and families learn to communicate their needs and feelings effectively.
I work with gay men and lesbians seeking to integrate their sexual identity, as well as those working to enhance their relationships. I work extensively with people suffering from chronic illnesses, like AIDS, and those who care for them.
- Family / Marital
Avg. Cost (per session):
$90 - $160 (Sliding Scale)
Accepted Payment Methods:
Cash, Check and PayPal.
Out of Network. Call for details.
19 W. 34th Street, Suite 1200, New York, NY 10001