- Hunter College School of Social Work, MSW
- Roosevelt Hospital School of Nursing, R.N.
- University of Madison Wisconsin, B.A.
- International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Mental Health Professional Group
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- American Family Therapy Academy
- National Association of Social Workers
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, New York State and Connecticut
- Registered Nurse, New York State
- Clinical Social Worker, American Association of Clinical Social Workers
- Co-author "Couple Therapy for Infertility" (Guilford, 1999).
- Co-authored "Surviving an Eating Disorder: Strategies for Family and Friends" (HarperCollins l987, 1997, 2008)
- Co-authored a chapter "Infertility and Late Life Pregnancies" in "Couples on the Fault Line" edited by Peggy Papp, (Guilford, 2000)
- Co-authored a chapter "Infertility" on the "Handbook of Primary Care Psychology" edited by Leonard J. Haas. (Oxford University Press, 2004)
I counsel individuals, couples, and families in all aspects of relationships. I am a clinical instructor in the Department of Psychiatry, New York University Medical Center and was on the teaching faculty of the Ackerman Institute for Family Therapy for 25 years.
I have gone through infertility myself and understand the difficulties for the individuals and the consequences for the individual and for the couple in all aspects of their lives.
I use a combination of therapies especially EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy) which helps people change their negative cycles. Couples learn to talk to one another in a way that reduces conflict and increases connection, providing hope for the relationship.
If you are experiencing any of the following, I can help you.
- Are you feeling down?
- Are you worried?
- Are you having trouble sleeping?
- Are you not getting what you want out of life?
- Are you single again?
- Are you anxious?
- Are you experiencing a life transition?
- Are you separated or divorced? Are you worried about how your children are handling it?
- Do you wish your partner would participate in couples therapy?
Whatever your situation, using multiple approaches in a safe, non judgemental, and interactive environment, I can help you to live a more satisfying, creative, and love-filled life.
- Have you noticed an increase in distance between you and your partner?
- Is your sex life not as satisfying as you would like for it to be?
- Are you having the same fight over and over and and are unable to resolve it?
- Has one of you had a sexual, emotional, or online affair?
- Do you have different child rearing approaches?
- Do you have conflicts in the relationship with your own or your partner’s parents?
- Are you dealing with a physical problem that is affecting your relationship?
- Are you going through infertility and infertility treatment which is putting a strain on your relationship?
Avg Cost (per session):
Between $200 and $300 (I do offer a sliding scale on an individual needs basis.)
Accepted Payment Methods:
Cash, check, or credit card.
I am an out-of-network provider.
Many insurance companies cover 50-80% of my fee, once your deductible is met. This means sessions may be covered partially or fully by your health insurance. The amount covered by your provider will vary based on your plan. I provide a monthly invoice for you to send to your insurance provider for reimbursement, if applicable.
2 Fifth Ave., Suite 7B, New York, NY 10011