Moataz E. Refaie, M.D.
- Years in Practice: 20+ Years
- License No. and State: 260322 New York State MD
- Alternative Languages: French and Arabic
- Ain-Shames University School of Medicine, Cairo
- School of Medicine, University of Paris
- State University of NY, SUNY Health Science Center, Brooklyn, Residency, Psychiatry
- NYU School of Medicine Psychiatry Fellowship, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology – Certified in Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology – Certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- NY State Medical License – Active
I have been practicing for more than 20 years and I specialize in a large variety of issues and disorders. I have an extensive background in medical schools in Egypt and Paris, as well as the United States; I am fluent in three languages, including French, Arabic, and English.
I was recognized by The Consumer Research Counsel of Americas in 2009 to be one of those selected for “Americas Top Psychiatrist.” I offers his services in two locations: Midtown Manhattan and Downtown Brooklyn. I will also make house calls and counseling via Skype and other online options.
I use a large variety of methods and treatments including cognitive behavioral, dialectical, mindfulness based cognitive therapy, mindfulness based stress reduction, motivational interviewing, trauma focused, and more. I focus on variety of issues like Bipolar Disorder, medication management, OCD, ADHD, PTSD, self-harming, self-esteem, elderly persons disorders, as well as many others.
I specialize in a complex variety of psychological problems and psychiatric issues. I am more recognizable for my comprehensive treatment of children, adolescents, and adults with ADHD, ASD, anxiety, depression, and other mood disorders. As well as medication management through advance psychopharmacology of complex disorders like OCD, Bipolar disorder, and PTSD.
- Children (6 to 10)
- Adolescents / Teenagers (11 to 19)
- Elders (65+)
I want to create an alliance with my patients in a safe environment where together we will work towards achieving desired goals. Through patience, empathy, active listening, and diligent research we will work through concerns and problems as a team. I want to help you understand your feelings, concerns, and goals so we can help you live a healthier, happier, and more fulfilling living.
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Dialectical (DBT)
- Insight oriented psychotherapy
- Interpersonal psychotherapy
- Mindfulness base cognitive therapy (MBCT)
- Mindfulness base stress reduction (MBSR)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Positive Psychology
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- Trauma Focused
- Tele-Psychiatry Sessions
Avg. Cost (per session):
Accepted Payment Methods:
- American Express
- Accepts Insurance
- Out of Network
420 Lexington Ave, Suite 2559, New York, NY 10170
44 Court Street, Suite 800, Brooklyn, NY 11201