- Years in Clinical Work and Practice: 16
- School: Fordham University Graduate School, MSW
- Year Graduated: 2003
- License No. and State: R078702-1 New York
- Certificate: Training Institute for Mental Health, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (2003-2007)
- Certificate: NIP, Integrative Trauma Studies Certificate (2016)
I am a psychoanalytic psychotherapist and a certified EMDR therapist specializing in any form of trauma including a diagnosis of cancer. My expertise lies in helping my patients work-through their traumas, depression, anxieties and transitions.
I have professional experience in working with interpersonal and environmental influences on development. I spent the last 16 years in higher education; clinical experience within my own private practice and have continued my educational experience within clinical practice. My professional experience developed and began with cognitive behavioral therapy, advanced clinical practice, psychoanalytic psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, EMDR and millennium psychotherapy and EMDR/Flash therapy. The journey has been enriching and rewarding.
- NASW National Association of Social Work
- AAPCSW American Association of Psychoanalysis in Clinical Social Work, Inc.
- EMDRIA International Association
- Psychoanalytic Society of Training Institute for Mental Health
I specialize in Trauma and PTSD, Depression, and Life Transitions. My specialties also include treating the severe effects of childhood prolonged trauma which could lead to anxiety, depression, dissociation, and PTSD.
- Preteens / Tweens (11 to 13)
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Elders (65+)
I work with individuals within the context of their experiences and circumstances. My aim with the treatment of psychotherapy and EMDR is to achieve the most comprehensive effects in the shortest period of time while maintaining client stability within their structure.
My work is approached empathetically building an alliance of understanding with each client considering each individual unique with respect for the importance of the unconscious; making it conscious for the innate and autonomous capacities of the individual.
In my practice I utilize an eclectic view comprised of several theoretical models. Treatment must build and strengthen the personality. Treatment results include an individual’s freer self-expression, increased creativity expression, showing more stable self-esteem regulation, the capacity for joy and pleasure and the feeling of accomplishment in finding one’s own way.
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Culturally Sensitive
- Emotionally Focused
- Family / Marital
- Trauma Focused
- Video Counseling
Avg Cost (per session):
$200 - $250 (Sliding Scale).
Accepted Payment Methods:
Cash or Check
I work as an out of network provider. All fees are determined together at our first meeting.
110 East 71st Street, New York, NY 10021