Dr. Nancy Kirsner, PhD, TEP, CPP, MFT, OTR, PA
Therapy, Psychodrama Training, Education, Consultation, Forensics
- Years in Practice: 45 Years
- School: Kripalu Lennnox, Massachusetts
- Degree: University of Miami, Ph.D.
- Degree: University of Florida, BS in Occupational Therapy
- Certified Positive Psychologist, Kripalu, Lennox, Massachusetts
- Trainer, Educator, and Practitioner of Psychdrama, Sociometry, and Group Psychotherapy (TEP)
- State of Florida license: MFT273
I have 45 years of experience in mental health, in many different roles, such as: Occupational Therapist, Art Therapist, Assistant Dean of Women, Marriage & Family Therapist, and Counseling Psychologist. My broad range of experience allows me to have a wide perspective about life and an understanding that there are many paths to change.
I have maintained a private practice since 1973 and have acted as a consultant and staff trainer at the University of Miami, Florida International University, Miami Dade Junior College, and Patient Returning Veterans.
In 1997 I developed and implemented action a psychodrama program for adult females with a history of childhood sexual abuse and in 2003 established the South Florida Center for Psychodrama Action Training & Group Works which continues to this day.
Incoming President of the American Society for Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama (2018-2021).
Diana Jimenez-Espineira, LMFT
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- Counseling for Couples
- Family Systems
Samira Kaskel, SSP
Licensed School Psychologist
(305) 803-8627 email@example.com
- Conducting psycho-educational evaluations, accommodations for college entrance examination and college coursework, gifted assessment
- Psychotherapy with children, adolescents, and young adults to address social, emotional, or behavior issues.
My work today weaves in Positive Psychology and neuroscience, providing a strengths-based perspective that encourages you to flourish and supports you to be your best possible self. I specialize in mood disorders, relationship issues and life transitions. My focus is practical, positive, and oriented towards giving you the tools necessary to navigate your life in a fuller, happier, and more meaningful way.
- Everyday people issues
- Mood disorders
- Life transitions and change
- Personality disorders
- Thinking disorders
- Couples, families, and group
- Alcohol Abuse
- Behavioral Issues
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chronic Pain
- Coping Skills
- Drug Abuse
- Family Conflict
- Internet Addiction
- Marital and Premarital
- Men's Issues
- Narcissistic Personality
- Peer Relationships
- Pregnancy, Prenatal, Postpartum
- Self Esteem
- Sex Therapy
- Sexual Addiction
- Substance Abuse
- Trauma and PTSD
- Weight Loss
- Well being and Strengths based therapy
- Women's Issues
- Elders (65+)
My approach is multi-modal, experiential and practical. I believe in giving clients the skills and tools so they can be independent in their own lives.
I believe that we all have the potential to reach our goals through the power of co-creation and positive relationships. We create our realities and at every moment we have a choice of how to live our lives.
You're invited to come into my space. You will find a quiet, comforting ambience, a welcoming and compassionate presence as well as a skillful and reliable professional–Dr. Nancy. I will hear and witness what you bring my way with truth and honesty. As well, I will work my best to offer practical and useful action choices and practice to take as tools with you on your way.
- Board certified in Group Psychotherapy
- Emotionally Focused
- Expressive Arts
- Family / Marital
- Family Systems
- Forensic Psychology
- Positive psychology; strengths based
- Trauma Focused
Avg. Cost (per session):
Accepted Payment Methods:
Cash, Check, and Venmo.
I work as an Out of Network provider.
8525 SW 92nd St., Suite A3, Miami, FL 33156